For your Company Domain
"One of my first experiences in a AirB&B was this Hacker House just across the street and down the highway from the Googleplex. Thanks to everyone that made me feel at home, away from home".
Learn how Gmail can help your employees communicate and work together more efficiently.
You can access your work email account by going to www.gmail.com in any browser! We also would have setup mail.[yourcompany.com] you could also use.
Sign in with your email address and password.
For the best security enable
2-Step Authentication as in My Google Account section of this guide.
Need some printable guides?
Use the G Suite Learning Center.
Most of the video tutorials in this guide are put together with help from the Google Learning Center and the Support Documentation for Users.
If your G Suite Account has been setup and you have a password; grab a coffee and let's setup Gmail with a signature, configure any send as email addresses and learn a few things about what makes Gmail special.
The New Gmail Inbox Is Here
Create a Signature
- To create or change your signature go to the settings in Gmail on the top right
- In the Signature Section, add your signature inside the text box and format the way you like adding images or links.
- At the bottom of the page click Save
- From gmail.com
- Click Compose
- Enter an email address(es) or group(s) in the To, CC or BCC Enter a Subject Enter the Body of your email, Format and attachments from your computer, Google Drive or Google Photos
- Click Send
Device Setup Guides
These guides will help you setup your devices on the first days going Google
Gmail Desktop Notifications
This Guide will show you how to setup Desktop Notifications for new email that arrives when chrome is open. Notifications need to be enabled in Chrome
- Click the Setting Gear and select Settings in Gmail
- In General, Desktop Notifications Choose one of the following:
New mail notifications on - Notify me when any new message arrives in my inbox or primary tab
Important mail notifications on - Notify me only when an important message arrives in my inbox
Mail notifications off
- Click the link that says "Click here to enable desktop notifications for Your Company Mail" and Click Allow in the Chrome Alerts popup
- Click Save
Set Gmail as Default Email Handler
This video will show how to Make the Gmail Chrome App your Default Email App when you click mailto: links a open a new compose window in Gmail will open with their address in the To: Field to send from the Gmail account in Chrome.
You will set Chrome as your Default Mail App in Windows
Send Mail As another Email Domain or Alias Address
If you own another email address, you can send mail as that address. For example:
- Yahoo, Outlook, or other non-Gmail address
- Your work, school, or business domain or alias, like @yourschool.edu or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Another Gmail address
Step 1: Add an address you own
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import or Accounts tab.
- In the "Send mail as" section, click Add another email address.
- Enter your name and the address you want to send from.
- Click Next Step.
- Enter the SMTP server (for example, smtp.gmail.com or smtp.yourschool.edu) and the username and password on that account.
- Click Add Account.
Step 2: Confirm the address
- Sign in to the account you added.
- Open the confirmation message you got from Gmail.
- Click the link.
Step 3: Change the "From" address
- In the message, click the "From" line.
- (If you don't see this, click the space next to the recipient's email.)
- Select the address to send from.
Setup your Mobile Devices
The best way to be mobile is to use the Gmail App on the iPhone or Andriod. Andriod devices will already have Gmail preinstalled so you just need to sign in on your Device. For iOS Devices you will need to install the App from the App Store first then sign in.
Do you frequently need to check another Google Account? The Gmail App will let you do that and use all the latest features between everything Google!
Best Way on iOS
Get All the G Suite Features, Just like the Native iOS this App will also let you choose your Google Drive to attach files.
Become a Mobile Gmail App Ninja
To get the most out of the Gmail App and Customize the settings the way that you like I created the Gmail Settings Walkaround.
Topics we will discuss in this video for Mobile Devices. Specific to android but similar with iOS.
- Default notification action
- Conversation view
- Swipe actions
- Sender image
- Default reply action
- Open weblinks in Gmail
- Action confirmations
- Inbox type
- Inbox categories
- Inbox sound & vibrate
- Vacation responder
- Smart Reply
- Sync Gmail
- Days of mail to sync
- Manage labels
- Download attachments
Add or change a signature
The signature you create in the Gmail app will show for any messages you send from the app. If you have a signature that you created on your computer, that will be used for any messages you send from Gmail on the web.
- Open the Gmail app .
- In the top left, tap Menu.
- Scroll to the bottom, then tap Settings.
- Choose the Google Account where you want to add a signature.
- Tap Signature.
- Enter the text for your signature.
- Tap OK.
Alternative iOS Setup
Using Native iOS?
Mail, Contacts, Calendar with limited capabilities to your device.
The method above is easier to setup and give you the ability to completely use your G Suite account with all of the services.
Setup G Suite with iOS Mail, Contact & Calendar
Setup G Suite Account with App Specific Password on new iOS Devices - Only recommended if you must use Native Mail, Contacts and Calendar sync with Apple Apps.
Compatibility & Security Everywhere!
These guides are only recommended if you MUST use the Native Applications on the devices you are using. They are alternatives that create extra setup steps, potential issues. Using the web mail at gmail.com will provide you with the best and newest features that are not offered in Client programs - Like attaching files from Google Drive Directly or adding photos from your Google Photo Library.
Mac Mail, Contacts & Calendar Sync
Gmail to Gmail Migration
For BEST results it is always a good idea to have a Google Partner help you move data from old systems like Outlook, Office 365, Thunderbird, or an old ISP email account to G Suite. They will make your transition to Google as fast as possible with solutions tailored to your business.
There are a few ways to do this. The Got Your Back video is the quickest and most complete way to move your email with labels. In either event there isn't any method available to date that does Google Server to Google Server migration without first downloading your data and re-uploading.
If your not performing these tasks it is a good idea to see what is involved in the moving process.
This video will show you how to make a backup copy of your Microsoft Outlook profile so that we can upload the data file in using GAMMO in the the following video. Or SaskTech Servers can upload all of your Companies Users at one time for you with our Help Desk Services.
If you kept your Contacts in Outlook.com this guide will show you how to Export or Backup your Contacts to Gmail's Google Contacts.
Prepare for Rainy Days
You have lots of info in your Google Drive - MAKE SURE YOU HAVE 2-Step Verification Setup
- Add Gmail to your Bookmarks Bar
- Signin on your Mobile Device with Gmail App (Android, iOS)
- It's a good idea to keep your Gmail icon on the Doc so it's visible from every screen
- Have you signed into Chrome on all your Devices and Computers